In the transition of my blog to WordPress, I have encountered several issues that I don’t know how to fix. HELP!! Anyone familiar with WP who can give me a simple(ish) solution to the problems I’m experiencing will have my everlasting gratitude.
1) Paragraph Spacing – a number of the posts I imported have no spaces between the paragraphs. I have gone back to edit the posts and put the proper spacing there, but they publish with everything bunched together. This happens on new posts originating here on WP. I am at a loss at how to fix this.
2) Header Graphics & Sidebar – when I view this blog on IE, none of the header graphics or sidebar items show up. They were there up until a few days ago, and then they disappeared when the page fully loaded. What is strange is that they are all visible while the page is loading, but when it fully loads, they disappear and all I see are my posts.
3) Publishing – I know how to publish specific blog posts to the various social networking sites, but I don’t see an easy way to share my blog in its entirety other than using Firefox’s “share” button. Since Firefox only works intermittently for me, that is not always available. How can I share my whole blog with people who have been following me (so they have a link to the new location)?
4) Widgets – I was previously able to publish several widgets from Goodreads & other blogs, etc. on my previous blog. The Goodreads widgets do not publish properly on WP. I will see the main graphic, but some of the code at the top and/or bottom of the widget shows on the published page instead of the graphic.
5) Blogroll – Other than having a page on my blog dedicated to the sites / blogs I follow, and manually entering that information, I don’t see a way to easily create a blogroll, nor do I see a way to put it onto the sidebar. I know I must be overlooking something, but I’m stumped on this one.
6) Fonts – Do I not have the option to change fonts / font colors without paying for a premium service?? That is a feature I have used a lot, and would like to continue.
That’s all for now. If you have answers, please share, or point me in the right direction. I am really frustrated, and I don’t want to go back to the other blog site because, frankly, the new interface is ridiculous.