To finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile, within 12 months.
1. Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list forAT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2010 or later (any book published in the year 2009 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile – I WILL be checking publication dates). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the “can’t get through” pile.
2. To be eligible, you must sign-up with Mr. Linky – link to your list (so create it ahead of time!) and add updated links to each book’s review. Every listed book must be completed and must be reviewed in order to count as completed.
3. Your list must be posted by Friday, December 31st, 2010.
4. Leave comments on this post as you go along, to update us on your status. Come back here if/when you complete this challenge and leave a comment indicating that you CONQUERED YOUR 2011 TBR LIST! Every person who successfully reads his/her 12 books and/or alternates (and who provides a working link to their list, which has links to the review locations) will be entered to win a $50 gift card from either Amazon.com or The Book Depository!
5. There may be mini-challenge “check-ins” throughout 2011, to award and recognize those participants who are progressing through the challenge, such as a “Spring Break Check-In!” or a “6 Month Pit Stop!” Participants who are making equal progress to-date (6 books at the 6 month check-in, for example) could win a prize!
6. Crossovers from other challenges are totally acceptable, as long as you have never read the book before and it was published pre-2010!
1. Great Expectations (audio cd) by Charles Dickens
2. Moby Dick (audio cd) by Herman Melville
3. Eats, Shoots and Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynn Truss
4. If Today Be Sweet by Thrity Umrigar
5. My Year of Meats by Ruth Ozeki
6. Lucky by Ann Sebold
7. The Bitch Posse by Martha O’Connor
8. Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
9. The Tall Pine Polka by Lorna Landvik
10. Memoirs of a Geisha (audio cd) by Arthur Golden
11. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
12. The Adrian Mole Diaries by Sue Townsend
A Thousand Splendid Suns (audio cd) by Khaled Hosseini
The Summons by John Grisham