This is one of those notes on Facebook that gets passed around from time to time, and in the interest of introducing myself to the blogosphere, I decided to post it here. So here are 25 random things about me…
1. I have desires to journal or blog on a regular basis, because writing is the way I best express myself, but I am lazy.
2. I love to read…I usually have several books going at once (including audiobooks in my car), and I review most of what I read on http://www.goodreads.com.
3. I believe that there are very few foods which are not improved with one (or more) of the following additions: cinnamon, sour cream, cheese, mushrooms. And avocados…yep, avocados!!
4. I used to play the piano fairly well. In fact, I minored in music in college. However, I can not say today that my playing ability comes anywhere near what it used to be.
5. I am addicted to Dexter and Homeland.
6. My husband is a much better cook than I am, but I do almost all of the cooking.
7. I own more than a few guns. No, they’re not my husband’s…he has his own.
8. I am a conservative chick…Republican by necessity to enlarge my voting opportunities, but conservative to the core.
9. After 15+ years of long (or very long) hair, I now keep it short (or very short). It was a drastic change, and unexpectedly good.
10. I have donated my hair to Locks of Love.
11. I am a certified scuba diver, but I haven’t been diving in about 9 years.
12. I have a master’s degree in English, but I have never utilized my degree in the manner it was intended.
13. The best job I have ever had is the one I have now…wife to Phil and mom to Cody.
14. I get almost teary listening to what my son is learning in school, and realizing how smart he is and how fast he is growing up.
15. My ankle tattoo references Psalm 73:26, which says “my flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” That is not the only tat I have, but it is one of three that are visible when I am dressed.
16. My wrist tattoo is a pink ribbon, put there in honor of my family members & friends who have been touched by breast cancer, and as a reminder to be vigilant with regard to my own health.
17. I love living in the desert. Who knew??
18. Coffee is a dietary staple in our house.
19. We go to both the spring & fall NASCAR races in Phoenix…go Mark Martin & Clint Bowyer!
20. I make lists…a lot.
21. I would like another child, and however God chooses to bring that child into our family is fine by me.
22. I rarely buy new books – I like books that have been read and loved by others.
23. Ross, TJ Maxx & Marshalls provide superb retail therapy at a discounted price! :-D I am presently, however, on a long term shopping hiatus.
24. In general, I do not like the holiday season, and Christmas is my least favorite of all holidays. Nor do I like manufactured holidays, i.e. Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Grandparent’s Day, Boss’s Day, Secretary’s Day, Sweetest Day, My husband’s father’s maiden aunt’s dog’s birthday, etc. etc.
25. On the other hand, I LOVE celebrating birthdays – mine and everyone else’s. I love that everyone has a day devoted to celebrating their presence here on this earth.