What a surprise to log on this morning and find that I have been nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Truly unexpected, to say the least. Many thanks to Bianca at It’s The Journey for the nomination, and more importantly, for finding & reading my mental meanderings. If you haven’t visited her blog, take a few minutes now to do so. She writes lovely poetry, and it’s definitely worth a stop on your blog tour!
I browsed a few blogs who have received this award to get ideas for how to respond, and low & behold, I run across this lovely badge (created by Collapsing World) that absolutely suits my artistic sensibilities to a T. It’s fabulous, and my thanks to him for making it available).
As with most things in life, this award comes with a few strings…er, rules.
- Thank & link back to the person who gave you the award.
- Answer the form questions below.
- Share ten random facts / thoughts about yourself.
- Nominate (at least) 7 other blogs for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
- Favorite song:
So many that I love, but Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen is, hands down, my favorite song of all time.
- Favorite dessert:
Just about anything Key Lime – cheesecake, ice cream, pie, cookies, yogurt, soda…
- What ticks me off:
Dumbassery (and you’ll know it when you see it)
- When I’m upset, I:
- Favorite pet(s):
Sophie Cat & Molly Dog, of course.
- Black or white:
Both together are nice, but black (mostly).
- Biggest fear:
I don’t fear much, but I am terrified of snakes.
- Everyday attitude:
Why yes, I do have an attitude…every single day. :-D
- What is perfection?
- My guilty pleasure:
TV shows I am loathe to admit to watching (Dancing With the Stars, for instance). There are others, but…
Random facts about me:
- I minored in piano in college, but it has been 19 years since I played with any regularity or focus.
- I was homeschooled in first grade.
- I have an inner potty mouth that I try to censor in front of the family and (for the most part) online.
- My favorite boardgame is Scrabble, but I will play pretty much any word game out there.
- My husband taught me (and continues to teach me) how to cook.
- I love the Investigation Discovery channel, and I will watch pretty much anything they air, as it is (almost) all true crime stories.
- Vampires gross me out completely. I have not always felt this way, but as I have gotten older, the mere idea of them nauseates me.
- I love all the Toy Story movies, but Toy Story 3 is my favorite.
- I hope that, one of these days before our nest is empty, we can live in another country for a while. Not because I don’t love the United States (I do…unreservedly), but the opportunity to immerse ourselves in another culture for a while would be an unforgettable adventure.
- My energy level is not anywhere near what I would like it to be, and I am committed this year to improving that.
And now, YOU’RE NOMINATED!
WomanNeverSleeps for the beautiful, creative & inspiring way she strings together words. I can’t count how many times she has written exactly what I needed to read.
The Broke and the Bookish for creating what I believe is the best book meme out there – Top Ten Tuesday! I love it because it not only stretches my thinking, but it new titles to my already bulging bookshelves.
Riding in Cars with Goats and Other Stories for her fabulous blog name, and her consistently interesting and funny posts. I am never disappointed when I stop by her blog, and you won’t be either!
Diary of a Girl Dad for his ability to write about the every day occurences of life with spot on clarity and laugh-out-loud hilarity.
People I Want to Punch in the Throat for making me laugh every single day, and for creating more blog posts that have gone viral (since I’ve been reading) than any other blog I follow.
Hot Mess Mom for making me spit coffee & snort with laughter daily, for creating the insanely awesome Hot Mess Mom products, and for organizing the Million Milf March. She is crazy funny, and my claim to fame is that we attended the same high school…at the same time, but not in the same graduating class. NO, I didn’t know her personally. Yeah, I know, but it’s something. :-D
Commonplace Beauty for her beautifully artistic ideas on virtually everything, her photographic talent, and her inspiring eye for all things lovely (and her ability to create & recreate them). She knows how to turn a house into a picturesque home on a budget. Check out her great creative ideas.
Call Me Irresponsible for blogging her super creative, often inventive, and guaranteed happiness-inducing ideas for homeschooling, birthday celebrations, slumber parties, Disney excursions, and so much more. I love how she thinks, and how she mothers her children. She is creating some unforgettable memories for them (and many of their friends), and she does it with grace and fun and lots of love. You rock, Mindy!
Peas and Cougars for the original…and hilarious…cartoons. I am always impressed with artists, and particularly those who draw, because it is something that I am completely unable to do. I love cartoons, especially those that take daily life and make it laugh-worthy, and this blog delivers in spades.
The Incompetent Hausfrau for the daily dose of belly laughs she shares every day. I am a fan, and I thank you for the regular giggles, chortling, chuckling, and (not so) occasional snorts & snickers.
For the Love of Writing for bringing regular doses of sarcasm into my life (at least, from a source other than myself). I love her cynical, sarcastic, no holds barred style. I especially love the quote at the top of her blog: “I write for the same reason I breathe – because if I didn’t, I would die.” Isaac Asimov. That inspires me, as does the Sarcasm Goddess!
Flower Patch Farmgirl for finding & sharing the humor of everyday life. I love finding the funny in otherwise mundane things, but even more, I love being inspired to do so by others. Keep up the great work!
So yes, that’s more than ten (twelve, to be exact), but I couldn’t pare it down any more than that. Check them out, recommend them to others, share the love with others.
The more I read, the more I’m inspired to see that which is worth of note, and thus the more I have to write about. May this be true of us all.